Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

 
This June 7th marked a banner birthday for me-the big FIVE Oh! Wow, hard to believe..and almost harder to believe what a great Giant I have! He brought me home a present every day for the entire week leading up to my birthday! Awesome, thoughtful gifts like the vintage Redoute print you can see on the wall to the right of us in this pic...

A gorgeous lilac bush...lilacs are our favorite!
An ermine pelt...

a wall hanging for the garden...

a 'Camelot Rose' foxglove, lottery tickets that I forgot to take a picture of oops!

and tickets to go see Dwight Yoakam at Frontier Days yay! Every gift was accompanied by a note from Giant, and the notes mean as much or more than the gifts-seriously, what a guy!


He took FarmGiantDaughter shopping for me, and she got me this awesome garden art...LOVE!!! Well, my cup runneth over, and I was so thrilled with all the thoughtfulness...but it wasn't over yet! Kyle brought home sushi for supper, yum! and then we went to pick FarmGiantDaughter up from a rodeo carnival...They made me close my eyes, and when I opened them, we were in the Elizabeth graveyard!!
 

There was a bee-utiful birthday cake with candles in the back of my Escape, and they sang happy birthday to me!

Why birthday cake in the graveyard? It's all because of our Oscar Movie Awards, aka, The Carlyle's. One of our categories was "Favorite Movie Line" and we both picked Hush Puppy's line from "Beasts of the Southern Wild". Her Carlyle award winning line was, "I hope you die, and when you die, I'll go to your grave and eat birfday cake all by myself!"

Giant was so funny to think of that, and they did such a good job planning it-I had NO idea what was going on and never would have thought of that line on my birthday!



They didn't make me eat birfday cake all by myself though, they both dug in and helped out lol!

These pix were taken with my phone, and aren't very clear-maybe because there were ghosts around trying to get in on the birthday cake!

It was a wonderful way to start a new era, can't wait for the next 50 years! Thank you Giant for making every (birth) day I've had with you the best ones of my life!





No comments: