Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013 Week by Week

So this year, I really wanted to keep a weekly scrapbook of all our doings-so much happens around here that keeping track of events and pix on a weekly basis is my best bet, otherwise I'll forget everything! BUT at the beginning of the year, our laptop freaked out and wasn't working right, I lost a bunch of photos and got de-motivated...BUT then I decided to just pull up my cowgirl boots and do it anyway! So, I'm playing catch up...I didn't get to do January or February exactly the way I wanted because of the photo loss issue, and also because I just wasn't in the mindset, but I did get my catch up pages done, and the memories recorded, which is the main thing anyway!
So here's how I'm doing it...I'll take pix every week, and scrapbook week by week, then it all goes into a folder for that month, and every month will have a theme and a quote...this is January's folder, and January's theme was 'anew'. I added a definition of the word to the front of January's folder. love, LOVE these Heidi Swapp file folders, they're so awesome and pretty, they just make you want to be organized lol!
I'll use the outside and insides of the folder to hold any extra pix, documentation or ephemera that I can't fit on the weekly page...
Here's the front of my week 1 page. I'm using an 81/2 x 11 format. I'm also giving every week and name/theme. I made a little mini-book at the bottom of the page for more pix held together with a mini-clothespin.
The bulk of the Week 1 journaling is on the back of the Week 1 page, with some extra photos...
Week 2's theme is 'cozy'...
The weeks journaling is under the pic of Gus on the lower right hand side, with another pic of him on the obverse side...
The back of Week 2 page...
 The front of Week 3; the week's theme...Live Large!
The back of week 3, more journaling is under the 'today' tag...
and Week 4's page, theme...'pearly whites'! More journaling in the envelope at the bottom of the page. I left the back side blank, this is the time period that I lost a bunch of pix on the laptop :(



















So, that's my plan & format for 2013 Week by Week...I've only just started this project, and am playing catch-up, but I can already tell what a great thing this is going to be...you forget so many of the little things that happen every single day if you don't keep track. I'm sure I'll learn a lot as I go along, and may do a different kind of format next year...live & learn, right? But I know it's a good thing and I'm very excited about it! Hopefully I'll be done with February soon and can post those, then I can concentrate on each week as it comes! Until next time, happy scrapping and happytrails!

No comments: