Thursday, March 07, 2013

12 of 12 Binder


I finally finished my 12 of 12 binder...I started playing 12 of 12 in January 2012, and I was using a vintage photo album to do my layouts in...I really liked the idea of all the 12 of 12 layouts being in a vintage album and I gave it a good effort...but the album was such an odd size and the paper was so brittle, that I finally gave up and switched all the layouts to a regular 12 by 12 layout. SO, I had to get a 12x12 binder to hold them all. I got a plain kraft binder on clearance for just a few dollars. I wanted to do a patchwork on it, here's how I did it...
I used a craft punch and leftover pics from my 2012 12 of 12 layouts and scrap scrapbook paper...I started punching...


I laid out the rows and got it how I liked it, then glued it down with ModPodge...I had to cut some of the pix and papers a little smaller to go around the opening in the front of the album...


















Once I got everything stuck down to the front and back of the album, I applied several more coats of ModPodge to make sure everything was stuck down good and protected...

Even with trimming the photos to fit better around the front photo opening of the album, I had a little space left around it, so I added a little piece of crochet on the bottom and some buttons, a watch face and a propeller at the top...





For the center pic, I used a photo I took of one of our clocks at 12:12 on December 12th. I added metal hands at 12:12 to the face of the clock picture to give it a little dimension...


















I filled a tiny bottle with vintage watch parts and sealed it closed with beeswax and added a tiny tag that reads 'time' and glued it into the opening with the clock photo to finish...


















and now all my 12 of 12 layouts have a place to live!




















happy scrapbooking and happytrails!





No comments: