Friday, November 09, 2012

Elk Camp 2012-III



During our 24 hour break between camps, we ran to Montrose and picked up Kyle's friend Mark from the airport. He and Kyle went out the next morning...and you guessed it, Mark filled his tag!
 







Giant regales us with the tale of the hunt-his stories are always excellent, you just have to make sure you're not standing within his wingspan when he's got his skinning knife!

I don't have any field pix from this group, so we'll have to make do with Ranger pix!

In addition to Mark, Kyle guided 2 more newbies during this season!
 
 
Another story...this one is gorier, but less dangerous to listen to lol!
 







 
 
 


 
 
 
 After the hunters left, Giant and I got our chance to go hunt that evening...It was not too cold so I only had to wear 2 pairs of tights, 2 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, a scarf, a beanie, a hat, my heavy coat and 2 pairs of gloves lol! It was a beautiful evening and we saw a lot of elk, but not one that Giant could get a good shot at so...






  we went out early the next morning and somehow I managed to gain about 100 pounds overnight lol! For this much colder trip, I wore the same thing I wore the night before, I just added a pair of tights and socks...and a whole layer of Giants clothes over the top of it all!




 
After our morning hunt, we packed up our tent and all our gear and headed back down the mountain for another quick overnight in Ouray...

the next morning we hit the road again, made a quick trip to drop the elk off at the processor and headed home! Two weeks at elk camp and sleeping in a tent is a long time and it was great to get home again! Until next time...happytrails!
 
 


1 comment:

Eileen said...

I think my brothers, if they weren't so old, would love going hunting with you and Kyle! Always fun to read your blog!